How it works Layerd Music is a generative music application that allows producers and musicians to create unique musical works in the form of NFTs using blockchain technology. Platform-enabled musicians and producers compose and upload their GENESIS set of musical sequences. Collectors interested in the specific set use Layerd Music's algorithm to mint their unique work. The algorithm creates the song by randomly selecting the material among the sequences of the GENESIS set: at this point the composition is recorded on the ETH blockchain as NFT and the ownership is transferred to the collectors. Economics Each ETH transaction made through the Layered Music Platform is subject to the payment of Fees, collected to support the Artists and the Platform. The amount of the Fee related to the sale of a layered music track varies according to whether it is a first sale of the item ("Primary sale") or a subsequent sale on the secondary market ("Sale on the secondary market"). The Smart Contract regulates the automatic distribution of Commissions. > Primary Sale: First sale of the layered music tracks The artist, creator of the GENESIS set, receives 85% of the purchase transaction value Layered Music collects the remaining 15% as a commission. The layered music tracks minted during the first sale is called "Layered Music Original". > Layered Music tracks sales on the secondary market The "commission for the sale on the secondary market" is managed through a smart contract and collected automatically through the sales made. This commission is equal to 10% of the price paid by the new buyer for the layered piece of music The collected commission is then distributed in the following ways: The artist receives 40% of the total "commission for selling on the secondary market" The original owner, who minted the "Layered Music Original", receives 40% of the total "secondary market commission" Layered Music Platform receives the remaining 20% of the "secondary market commission"
How It's Made
Layerd Music is a generative music application that allows producers and musicians to create unique NFT musical works using blockchain technology. Platform-enabled musicians and producers compose and upload their own “Genesis music sequences set”. Collectors interested in the specific set use the Layered Music algorithm to mint and own this unique work. The algorithm creates the song by randomly selecting the tracks among the sequences of the Genesis set. The chosen composition is then recorded on the ETH blockchain in the form of an NFT, the ownership of which is transferred to the buyer. The operating algorithm prevents simultaneous reproduction of sequences inserted in the same (vertical) layer. The composition will then be the result of six sequence synchronizations, 1 sequence for each of the 6 layers. The sequences start simultaneously (synchronized start point). The composers of the Genesis set tracks are therefore asked to create up to six sequences for each interchangeable sound layers , for a total of 36 sequences. Consequently, up to 720 unique tracks can be minted, equal to the number of possible combinations between the sequences that make up the specific Genesis set. The concept requires the buyer to access the platform through Metamasks and select the Genesis set they are interested in. He will then be able to listen to the identified compositions and mint the desired ones (if it is not already minted). Once minted, the layered tracks will appear as NFTs in the buyer's wallet. In the future it will be possible to add a "Loot Box function", allowing the creators of the Genesis set to choose whether or not to enable this function. In this specific case, the buyer will receive a random track among those still "not minted" of the specific Genesis set in which he took part.